- Website Visitors Like most website operators, Some Shelly collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Some Shelly's purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Some Shelly's visitors use its website. From time to time, Some Shelly may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website. Some Shelly also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on http://www.someshelly.com blog posts. Some Shelly only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
- Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information Certain visitors to Some Shelly's websites choose to interact with Some Shelly in ways that require Some Shelly to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Some Shelly gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for a blog at http://www.someshelly.com to provide a username and email address.
- Security The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Aggregated Statistics Some Shelly may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. Some Shelly may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Some Shelly does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
- E-commerce Those who engage in transactions with Some Shelly – by purchasing Some Shelly's services or products, are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Some Shelly collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor's interaction with Some Shelly. Some Shelly does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.